Motorcycle Riderz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We passed the ABATE basic riders course!

5 posters

Go down

We passed the ABATE basic riders course! Empty We passed the ABATE basic riders course!

Post  jpierce575 Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:49 pm

For those of you that haven't seen mine and Indies Facebook updates, we both passed the Basic rider course. There was an incident though. Indie wrecked during the practice before taking the skills test. Here are some quotes from her Facebook status:

Well its time to get ready for work. Swelling in the eyes are down have two black eyes, swollen nose and a bruised and scraped up chin. Looks like someone beat the crap outta me. LOL. All I can say is TOO MUCH FRONT BRAKE! Hard lesson learned but passed my ABATE Class. Have to do a little healing then I will be out on the bike riding can't wait.

Okay well here is what happened.........At my ABATE class I wrecked and ate some pavement......The best part was as soon as I did it the first words outta my mouth was ~Yeah I know Too Much Front Brake~ Then the next comment was ~D***~ I broke a nail. But after it was all said and done and I stopped bleeding I got back on the bike and finished and passed the class and I'm ready to ride.

She was very brave and finished the class and rode home with me. She hasn't been back on either bike yet, but she is pretty banged up and sore. This was an eye opening experience for both of us, and I will definitely be wearing my helmet more often. I just hope she will too.

jpierce575
jpierce575
Tail Gunner

Back to top Go down

We passed the ABATE basic riders course! Empty Re: We passed the ABATE basic riders course!

Post  Doc Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:27 pm

Hard way to learn braking technique... Glad she is going to be OK.
Did she break anything on the bike?
Doc
Doc
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

We passed the ABATE basic riders course! Empty Re: We passed the ABATE basic riders course!

Post  jpierce575 Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:13 pm

They supply the bikes for this class so there is no damage to hers, but no, nothing got broken, just a few scuffs here and there. If it had mirrors on it, it might be a different story though.

jpierce575
jpierce575
Tail Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Fred Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:31 pm

Helmet=GOOD
Fred
Fred
Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  jpierce575 Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:34 pm

Fred wrote:Helmet=GOOD

Absolutely thumbup

I have been wearing mine now.

jpierce575
jpierce575
Tail Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  whitetrash Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:04 pm

Very glad that it was not worse Jamie. Hope that she heals fast. -------- coffee

whitetrash
Goat Rider

Back to top Go down

Post  alabamawing Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:22 pm

Wow, I missed this.

Congrats to both of you.
alabamawing
alabamawing
Wingleader

Back to top Go down

Post  jpierce575 Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:30 am

Thanks everyone. She is all healed up and ready to ride thumbup

Now if I can get her to get her permit.......................

jpierce575
jpierce575
Tail Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  alabamawing Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:42 pm

jpierce575 wrote:Thanks everyone. She is all healed up and ready to ride thumbup

Is she going to ride it to Fred's on Labor Day?
alabamawing
alabamawing
Wingleader

Back to top Go down

Post  jpierce575 Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:16 pm

alabamawing wrote:
jpierce575 wrote:Thanks everyone. She is all healed up and ready to ride thumbup

Is she going to ride it to Fred's on Labor Day?

No, she is working that weekend.

jpierce575
jpierce575
Tail Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down